Friday, May 23, 2008

Coney Island Art Festival - June 8


As we approach Memorial Day weekend and have an extra day off to introduce Spring (and it finally looks like the east coast weather is cooperating!), now is the time to hose off the lounge chairs, pull the covers off the outdoor furniture, fire up the BBQ's, and -if your household is similar to mine- select your summer wine list! Goodbye heavy reds. Hello crisp whites and Beaujolais!

On Sunday, June 8, 2008, I invite you to America's original playground. That's right - I am talking about Coney Island USA - the place where Kings and Queens have come to unwind and have fun!

June 8 should be the perfect day to walk the boardwalk, stop at Nathan's for a world famous frank, play some skee-ball, ride the cyclone (please hold onto wallets, keys, change, and wigs!), soak in some sun on the beach, visit the aquarium, try a round of "Shoot the Freak", ....the list goes on and on!
One more stop on this adventurous day of excitement should also be the 2008 Coney Island Art Festival! Now serving its 2nd year, the show has moved right next to the landmarked Parachute Jump at Keyspan Park (baseball stadium for the single A NY Mets; the Brooklyn Cyclones).

I will be there showcasing some of my fine art photography; including special selections from my Coney Island collection. This area has always held a place in my heart and the history here takes me back a few times every year (or if you ask me about Totonno's brick over pizza, then I also have to admit that I make a stop in town every other Friday night)!

Spend one of your Spring days with me at the festival in between your day of fun, sun, great food and amusement in Coney Island! There will also be live entertainment throughout the day. Come be a kid again for a few hours! Admission is free and the show runs from 12PM - 7PM. For more information, the flyer to the show is located here ->
Coney Island Art Festival Flyer
*** To stay up to date, please subscribe to my blog. I will be posting new photos regularly, discussing tips on digital photography, and writing photo essays on some of my favorite topics and locations throughout New York City and more. To subscribe visit: Marino Photography Blog ***

0 Comments: