Monday, June 30, 2008

New Product Review Section Launching!

Hello again friends,

As mentioned yesterday, I am going to start a product review section. The intent is to share my thoughts on the products I use - the pros, cons, my recommendation, links to more detail, etc. I am assuming that the majority of you have a digital camera and take pictures (vacation and travel, family gatherings, holidays, etc.). You may also have photography as one of your hobbies (or you may actually be a photographer!)

So I hope these articles will help you with you own interests and desires and at least give you more of a personal perspective before you go out and buy something. As you know, most of the reviews online and "designed to sell". Even many of the independent sites do not truly give you the recommendation or try to steer you in the right direction. So hopefully this is a source to complement your own research. I will let you in on where i do my research as well.

Stay tuned - the first review will be coming soon. In the meantime, here is a list of tools I currently use in the trade. Feel free to email me with questions on any products you have in question. I will use the blog to answer it if in fact I know something about it, or can put together a comparison analysis.

Equipment & Tools
Camera
Canon 40D
Canon G3 (looking to upgrade to the Canon G9 or Leica D-Lux 3 soon)

Lens
Canon 24-105MM L
Canon 50MM
Canon 28-135MM
Sigma 10-20MM

Filters
Tiffen UV (sized accordingly to lens)

Software
Adobe Photoshop CS3 (mainly editing)
ACDsee Pro2 (mainly for DAM - digitial asset mgmt workflow and keywording post production
ImageIngester (preload new images with key attributes, get ready for post production)
Adobe Lightroom (on occassion for keywording, workflow - AcDsee primary tool)
Adobe Dreamweaver (web design)
Adobe Illustrator (more web related, logo creation, branding, etc.)
JAlbum (web design)Software: Banana Album (web design - photo viewing)

Web
GoDaddy.com (lots of space, easy to setup and use)
Blogger.com (home of my blog - another easy setup and easy to get used to)
Feedburner.com (automated blog distribution to email and rss readers)

More to come... this is the beginning list to at least show you what I typically use - any similarities to you? Email me with any questions.

Have a great week!

- Dan

0 Comments: